Thursday, December 10, 2009

"I can put it together."




A few weeks ago our mat shelves arrived and they have been setting in the house area in boxes. We have been waiting on the tools and materials that were needed to build. The materials arrived yesterday and I told the kids that I would build them as soon as I get the time. A few the kids shouted that they could build them and asked to help. Later on in the day I decided to see if they could indeed build the shelves with my help. The kids choose to use their free time to build the shelves and it took them about two hours. I am proud to report that they did indeed build the shelves and they are very strong. By the end they didn't need my help at all!

Hace unas semanas llegó a nuestras estanterías tapete y se han venido estableciendo en la zona de la casa en cajas. Hemos estado esperando en las herramientas y materiales que se necesitan para construir. El material llegó ayer y le dije a los niños que iba a construir tan pronto como llegue el momento. Algunos de los niños gritó que podían construir ellos y le pidió que ayudara. Más tarde en el día que decidí ver si realmente podían construir las estanterías con mi ayuda. Los niños eligen utilizar su tiempo libre para construir las plataformas y les llevó cerca de dos horas. Estoy orgulloso de informar que, efectivamente, la construcción de los estantes y que son muy fuertes. Al final no necesita mi ayuda en absoluto!